It is now a fashionable thing to dye one’s hair but in doing this, shouldn’t you use the safest and most organic way possible or gettable? There are thousands of hair dying products in the world today and not all are very safe to use as some may contain some very toxic ingredients or composite that might in fact damage your hair. Most hair stylists are advising their clients to try this alternative way of dying their hair instead of going for dyes that are one hundred percent inorganic and which tend to threaten hair development and healthiness. However there are certain facts you need to know before you delve into the world of using Henna as a substitute for other unnatural means of dying your hair. Below are the lists of things you need to know.
Things you should know about Henna !!
- Henna is an all-natural dye: you might be wondering about what exactly most henna products are made up of. Most henna product natural ingredients but these ingredients vary from one brand to the other. Common ingredients found in most henna product include: Irish moss, coffee extract, indigo, cocoa butter or other essential oils and so many other natural ingredients. However, there is a traditional kind of Henna that is only found from a plant known as the cassia obovata which sometimes is called the neutral henna that might actually need to be mixed with other ingredients such as the one listed above before it could yield the brownish or reddish color effect. These ingredients work together to serve several basic functions such as moisturizing the hair and also boosting the natural color of the hair. These natural ingredients also help in strengthening and keeping the scalp healthy.
- Henna’s result are somewhat permanent: you cannot really get rid of henna once you have committed your time in applying it. Henna stays for a very long time that is appears so much impossible to get rid of when applied and so if you are not really ready for a very long term effect of henna dye I suggest you shouldn’t opt for it in the first place. This permanent feature comes from how henna works. Henna glosses the cuticles of the hair and do not penetrate the Cortex of your hair while locking in other essential oil in your scalp. Hence henna doesn’t destroy the structure of your hair neither does it alter the texture. So while other chemical dye might change the hair or weaken it so as to carry out the required changes which might tend to wear out often, henna makes the hair retain its natural composition , texture and structure , providing the hair with the essentials to embrace the henna coat.Read More :How to keep your Hair straight
- Henna doesn’t bleach your hair: that is why you have to be sure that your Henna is one hundred percent natural because there are many brands out there that use the name henna just for the sake of it and yet still go out mixing synthetic ingredients with it but so far your henna is natural, it doesn’t contain any form of bleach so it doesn’t lighten your hair. Because most henna doesn’t contain any bleaching chemical whatsoever especially if you get it from a trusted source like a reputable Indian store, you don’t have to worry about whether you can also use your regular dye or you have to wait for a long time before you use your regular dye. You can use your normal dye on your hair without causing your hair any harm but it is only advisable just like most stylist will say, to give your hair a break of about a week or two before applying any other dye treatment.
- Henna might loosen your curl: there have been common cases of Henna removing curls from people’s hair. Hence, If you don’t want this or maybe you are a natural curl keeper that is willing to try henna but conscious of whether your curls will remain or not , you might add some amla powder which of course will reduce the redness of your hair.
- You don’t have to necessarily add lemon juice: it has been the trend but it is actually not necessary. Lemon juice is very acidic and might be the cause of dryness which you don’t want in your hair. Even at all if you want to add lemon which is in fact not necessary, you might just add very little.
Read More : HOW TO PROTECT YOUR HAIR WHILE SWIMMING