VLC media player is the first option that comes to our mind when we think of watching DVDs or media files in our PC or phone. It is a free and smooth way of watching unlimited movies.
If VLC is your default player, then you definitely know that it does not work with Google Chrome cast set up.
But the good news is, now it does. In fact the developers of VLC team had been working for a long time now, with Google Chrome team, in order to make it work. And finally, it all paid off.
Yes, now you can watch VLC media files on your TV, just with the help of Google Chromecast set up.
So, just follow the below mentioned simple steps, and you’ll be good to go.
How To Stream VLC To Chromecast From Your PC
VLC plug in and Google Chromecast extension has made it very easy to stream media files now. Even a few days ago, it was next to impossible, and now just by getting the Google Chromecast extension, you can make it happen.
Follow the steps:
- Get yourself the Google Chromecast extension.
- Download and install the Google Chrome browser (which I suppose you already have) and pair Chromecast extension to it.
- Now you need to be sure that the Google Chromecast set up is well suited with your PC or laptop.
- Now go to VLC media player and open the media file you want to stream.
- Next open Chrome browser in another tab and select the option of cast screen.
- Your entire desktop will now stream with the help of Chromecast.
- Now go back tothe media file in VLC, and make it full screen.
And there you go, you have got your VLC media player streaming in your TV set through Chromecast.
How to Stream VLC to Chromecast from Your Android Phone
Now that you know that VLC supports Chromecast, so why not enjoy this exciting feature in your phone, right? If that’s what you are thinking, then I’m here to help you.
Let me guide you through the following steps,
- Download and install Google Chrome browser in your phone, and join up Chromecast to it.
- Next you go to VLC media player and open your desired media file.
- Now you’ll have to open Chromecast app. After opening Chromecast, you need to click on the menu bar and select the cast screen option.
- Once you do that, you would get some instructions right there to pair your android phone with Chromecast. Follow those instructions.
- Now you are almost done. Just go back to VLC and full screen the video you wanted to play.
And finally, it is your turn to enjoy.
Are you still facing confusions? Not yet sure about the whole process? Well! You won’t have to worry. It would all be clear to you, once you visit layerpoint.com. So, what are you waiting for? Visit now!