How to Steam Natural Hair without a Steamer
There are healthy benefits attached to steaming your hair. These benefits are more than enough to encourage you to keep up the practice of steaming your hair. Any time you steam your hair, the process opens up the hair follicles and absorbs deep conditioning treatments. The following are just a few benefits attached to steaming your hair and are outlined below:
- Steaming your hair enriches the deep conditioner, thereby adding droplets of water to the hair as an extra layer of hydration.
- When your curls are hydrated, there is less friction whenever they pass across each other. This lessens tangling of the hair.
- When your hair is properly hydrated, it is more elastic and not prone to breakage.
- Whatever hair care product you use, when you steam your hair, such a product seeps into your scalp because steaming your hair opens up the integument. When you allow the hair to cool after the process and then rinse with cold water, all the good moisture gets sealed in.
- Steaming your hair reduces frizz and improves manageability.
The health benefits ascribed to steaming of the hair has made a lot of the womenfolk (and men in some instances) to visit the nearest hair care shop to purchase or place orders for hair steamers. But there are methods of steaming your hair that does not require you to buy any mechanical device called a hair steamer. This fix-at-home alternative is cheaper than purchasing and electric hair steamer. Besides, if you own a bonnet or hooded dryer, then purchasing an electric hair steamer is unnecessary. You don’t need to break the bank just because you want to infuse some moisture into your hair.
But what will you need if you are to steam your hair without making use of the electric hair steamer? It’s even possible for you to have most of the supplies you need in your house even as you read this article. Let’s get right to it, shall we?
- A bowl: You will need to use a bowl that can withstand heat. In most cases, a microwave dish will be sufficient.
- Hair Conditioner: You will have need of a moisturizing conditioner that works for your hair.
- Gloves: For this treatment, you will have a need for protective gloves, especially since you will be handling hot water. Vinyl gloves or latex gloves can suffice, and you are free to choose whichever one you are comfortable with.
- Distilled water: Why you need your water to be distilled is because it’s good to keep hard water away from the hair. But, it is not a must for you to use distilled water.
- Towels: Two absorbent or face towels will be ideal, though there is no rule anywhere that says you should not use a regular towel.
- Heat source: Hooded hair dryer, a corded or cordless heat cap will suffice.
2 Plastic or processing caps
Read More :
Most people enjoy drinking beer. Some drink it for just mere fun of it and while some enjoy it specifically but whether you like it or you hate it, you might actually just consider it especially when you are trying to treat your damaged hair. We all adore long hair and we all want it because it is one of the symbols of beauty and to have it damaged could be as heartbreaking as one can imagine. When you walk into a bar and order for that chilled bottle or jar of beer would you have thought it could be of any use to your hair when applied externally? Of course no. beer often time is considered as just a relaxing drink and often the top choice when you really don’t want to get drunk chilling with friends. The most amazing thing about beer is that it is a product that is just readily available and you don’t have to break the bank before you get one. Walk into any mall or store and you are just so going to get one, go into a club or bar and certainly one is just around the corner.
There are in fact so many other beauty enhancement that you can use your beer for. For instance, you can bathe in beer for a better skin glow and oil control. Also, beer has been certified to be a great way of fertilizing your grass and hence, it shouldn’t be a surprise when I say it can be used for your hair.You can also learn Easy Homemade natural hair Gel Recipes .You don’t have to break the bank before you remedy any damage that your hair has suffered. With just simply home tools and ingredients you sure do some good to your hair. Below are the four essential way you can use beer and other easy to get home ingredients to fix your hair.
- RINSE YOUR HAIR REGULALRLY.
Rinsing your hair with beer is one of the best thing you can do to a damaged hair. For one thing, beer is rich in protein because of the hops and malt which are always the basic ingredients when it comes to beer brewing and this ingredients can help strengthen the hair cuticles . so using beer as a shampoo for washing or rinsing you hair is a very good therapy for effective hair treatment. It is also a very effective way of replenishing your hair moisture. Just leave in the beer in your hair for few minutes and then rinse off with water.
- PET YOUR HAIR WITH CONDITIONER FREQUENTLY.
Well, there are very exotic conditioners in the market that are specially created or contortioned to fix a damaged hair but I tell you, a simple beer conditioner can also help and the result is similar if not better than other inorganic conditioners around. With just a cup of warm beer and a teaspoon full oh jojoba oil, a perfect conditioning mixture is ready for use. The jojoba oil is meant to restore natural sheen to your hair. A frequent use of this can fix your damaged hair no matter what.
- TRIMMING YOUR HAIR CAN HELP KICK START A BETTER GROWTH.
If your hair is severely damaged in that you have a straw like hair texture instead of a silky one, having it trimmed to allow good ones to grow might just be better. In the case of severely damaged hair, trimming and then treating with the above beer recipes will prove rather more effective.
- AVOID INORGANIC HAIR TREATMENTS AND DYES
Chemicals are by their very nature injurious to our hair and avoiding them is the first step you can take when you detect hair damage. Also avoid the use of hot styling tools like the hair dryer.
Hope above methods will help to repair your damaged hair. Beside it learn How you can Protect your Hair while Swimming.
It is now a fashionable thing to dye one’s hair but in doing this, shouldn’t you use the safest and most organic way possible or gettable? There are thousands of hair dying products in the world today and not all are very safe to use as some may contain some very toxic ingredients or composite that might in fact damage your hair. Most hair stylists are advising their clients to try this alternative way of dying their hair instead of going for dyes that are one hundred percent inorganic and which tend to threaten hair development and healthiness. However there are certain facts you need to know before you delve into the world of using Henna as a substitute for other unnatural means of dying your hair. Below are the lists of things you need to know.
Things you should know about Henna !!
- Henna is an all-natural dye: you might be wondering about what exactly most henna products are made up of. Most henna product natural ingredients but these ingredients vary from one brand to the other. Common ingredients found in most henna product include: Irish moss, coffee extract, indigo, cocoa butter or other essential oils and so many other natural ingredients. However, there is a traditional kind of Henna that is only found from a plant known as the cassia obovata which sometimes is called the neutral henna that might actually need to be mixed with other ingredients such as the one listed above before it could yield the brownish or reddish color effect. These ingredients work together to serve several basic functions such as moisturizing the hair and also boosting the natural color of the hair. These natural ingredients also help in strengthening and keeping the scalp healthy.
- Henna’s result are somewhat permanent: you cannot really get rid of henna once you have committed your time in applying it. Henna stays for a very long time that is appears so much impossible to get rid of when applied and so if you are not really ready for a very long term effect of henna dye I suggest you shouldn’t opt for it in the first place. This permanent feature comes from how henna works. Henna glosses the cuticles of the hair and do not penetrate the Cortex of your hair while locking in other essential oil in your scalp. Hence henna doesn’t destroy the structure of your hair neither does it alter the texture. So while other chemical dye might change the hair or weaken it so as to carry out the required changes which might tend to wear out often, henna makes the hair retain its natural composition , texture and structure , providing the hair with the essentials to embrace the henna coat.Read More :How to keep your Hair straight
- Henna doesn’t bleach your hair: that is why you have to be sure that your Henna is one hundred percent natural because there are many brands out there that use the name henna just for the sake of it and yet still go out mixing synthetic ingredients with it but so far your henna is natural, it doesn’t contain any form of bleach so it doesn’t lighten your hair. Because most henna doesn’t contain any bleaching chemical whatsoever especially if you get it from a trusted source like a reputable Indian store, you don’t have to worry about whether you can also use your regular dye or you have to wait for a long time before you use your regular dye. You can use your normal dye on your hair without causing your hair any harm but it is only advisable just like most stylist will say, to give your hair a break of about a week or two before applying any other dye treatment.
- Henna might loosen your curl: there have been common cases of Henna removing curls from people’s hair. Hence, If you don’t want this or maybe you are a natural curl keeper that is willing to try henna but conscious of whether your curls will remain or not , you might add some amla powder which of course will reduce the redness of your hair.
- You don’t have to necessarily add lemon juice: it has been the trend but it is actually not necessary. Lemon juice is very acidic and might be the cause of dryness which you don’t want in your hair. Even at all if you want to add lemon which is in fact not necessary, you might just add very little.
Read More : HOW TO PROTECT YOUR HAIR WHILE SWIMMING
If you have all these items ready, then let’s get started.
The first thing you should do is to prepare your hair by washing it and then applying the hair conditioner. This is part of the process to dampen your hair. Then pour some distilled water into the bowl and soak the two face towels in the bowl and place the bowl in the microwave. Switch on the microwave oven and wait till the water in the bowl becomes hot. Do not heat the water to boiling point.
Once you perceive that the water is hot enough, turn off the microwave and put on your hand gloves. You must do this or else you will get your hands burnt badly. Retrieve one of the towels from the bowl and wring out the water. The towel should be wet but not soaked, or else, the excess water will trail down your neck and burn you.
After wringing enough water out of the first towel, place the towel over your hair and cover it immediately with one of the processing or plastic caps. Take hold of the second face towel and wring it as well, then place it over the plastic cap that is already on your head.
Then get hold of the second plastic cap and apply it to the towel. Ensure you adjust or tighten the processing bag securely around your hairline to stop water from dripping down your neck. The plastic caps must also be sufficient to permit the formation of steam.
The last stage in this process of steaming your hair without a steamer is to sit under the hooded dryer for about fifteen to thirty minutes. Sitting for about one hour under the dryer produces the best results as it enhances maximum penetration of moisture. Subsequently, let your hair get cool and then rinse it with fresh water so that the cuticle will close.
That is it. You have authoritatively steamed your hair without a dryer.