Do you know how to change name on tinder? You may go to the official Tinder help forum. But there you will get to see if a user has his account already, it is quite impossible to change the name.
In this case, if you are willing to change the name, you need to create a new account entirely. Although it indicates that you may lose all current data, such as matches, messages, and likes.
In addition, you might find yourself losing any traction which the Tinder Algorithm has made for you. The reason is that to generate a new account, you must delete the current one.
However, we have given here the procedure following which you can delete the Tinder account.
- Ensure that you have opened the app on the device which you are using.
- Next, you should hit the profile button located at the top left corner.
- Now, you have to tap on settings.
- After that, you must scroll to the bottom of the display, where you can find an option for deleting your account.
- Finally, you need to tap on the option and ask Tinder why you don’t want to use your account anymore or why you want to delete it.
Ways To Change Your Name On Tinder
Several methods are there through which you can change your name on a tinder account. But remember that the way of changing your name on tinder relies on how you have created your profile. You can create a profile using a phone number or email ID, or it can be done through Facebook.
Hence, the methods are different in both cases. So, you must first remember how you created the profile— Facebook account or mobile number & email.
For Facebook Account
Most people prefer to follow this process because it is very easy to do. If you have made a Tinder account with a Facebook profile, you should know that the platform can fetch all information from that social networking website.
It indicates that the name of your Facebook profile is “John.” In that case, you will see the same John in the Tinder app.
So, it is essential to change the Facebook profile’s name. Hence, you must first open up the profile on Facebook and then move to Settings.
After that, your task is to ensure that you are in the General tab. Your name can be found on the right side. Now, you have to hit the Edit button. You should put in the name with the appropriate spelling.
Sometimes, the app may require up to 24 hours to display the new name. As soon as you make the change on Facebook, you should sign out of the account on Tinder.
Thereafter, your job is to log back in. It can boost the method, but we can not confirm if the process can give you solutions.
For Phone/Mobile Number Users
Have you made your profile on Tinder with the help of your email ID and phone number? If you find yourself making the profile using this information, we can say that you cannot change the name and keep all data intact.
But if you want to perform the process, ensure that you delete the procedure. Hence, you should know that all the existing data will be deleted from your new profile.
Do you feel comfortable with this process? Do you want to apply for it? How to change tinder name? The steps that you are required to follow are:-
- Your first job is to go to the Tinder profile, and then you need to open it. Now, you should click on the profile avatar so that you can get further options. In this case, an option named Settings is available. You should click on this.
- After that, you can view another option that we know as the Delete account. If you want to delete the Tinder profile, you can use the option.
- Now, your job is to make a new profile on this platform using your mobile number and email ID. Now, it is possible to set the name which you wish from scratch. Remember that it doesn’t matter if you want to solve a whole name change or a small spelling mistake because you can resolve these issues easily.
Thus, it is possible to change the name on this platform if a user created his or her profile with the help of a mobile number and email id.
Why can’t you change your Tinder name?
Once you make your account, you will be unable to change your name and age. It is the only information that can not be changed.
But if you think both sections are required to update, or you want to update anyone, you must see an option to delete the account and start over using the app.
As soon as you delete your account, you will lose messages, your matches, and consumable purchases, including Super Likes, Boosts, etc.
frequently asked questions
1. Can I change my name on my Tinder account?
You can not change your name once you have made your account. In this case, you can see an option to delete it when you attempt to update any one of them or both.
In this case, you must know that you may lose your matches, messages, etc.
2. How do I edit my info on Tinder?
If you are willing to edit the profile info, your job is to click on the profile icon. Next, you have to hit the pencil icon or Edit Info. Now, it is possible to update the pictures. Besides, you can edit the bio so that you can add your gender and sexual orientation. In addition, you may add details regarding work or school, your Passions, etc. Moreover, you can connect apps such as Instagram and Spotify.
Check More Posts :